SCHEDULE OF LOCAL CHURCH TREASURER’S DUTIES
- Ensure that the offering is counted, an accurate record (Tellers Sheet) is prepared and signed by two
tellers and filed and the money is deposited in the bank
- Record offering envelopes and place them in a file
- Record the deposit in the ledger
- Pay bills scheduled for that week, record disbursements with cheque number and file invoices
(stapled to cheque stub).
- Reconcile bank statement with ledger. File the bank statement along with cheques (or copies of
cheques provided by the bank).
- Prepare a monthly report (with year to date totals) for the board members
- Prepare next month’s schedule of dates for paying bills
- Send remittance via TelPay or mail a cheque to the FMCiC for Core (calculated as a tithe – 10% – of all donations to the local church less designated funds raised for Giving Streams, special short- term fund raising programs,
capital campaigns or other designated gifts outside of the local church) and Giving Streams.
- Prepare and distribute the offering tellers schedule
- Provide information for preparation of the Budget
- Prepare year end statement
- Submit the records to be audited
- Provide information for the Pastor’s Annual Report to the FMCiC
- File Canada Revenue Agency forms (i.e. Charity report, GST/HST/QST receivable, etc.)