FREE METHODIST CHURCH IN CANADA
PASTORS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Living free from debt and the worry it causes has a direct impact on your overall health and wellness – and your pastoral ministry. Understanding the Biblical principles that can help you live free and steward all that God has entrusted to you is the foundation of generosity and discipleship. Being able to then teach others how to live free as a wise steward is life-giving.
The Free Methodist Church in Canada has extended the Pastor Counselling Program to include Financial Counselling/Coaching to provide assistance to help pastors dealing with stress/worry and other ill effects caused by overwhelming debt and/or poor financial management.
We have partnered with More Than Enough to provide confidential, faith-based financial coaching to Free Methodist pastors in need – across Canada through secure remote access and phone/internet consultations. More Than Enough financial coaches provide financial expertise, individualized guidance, tools, personalized plans, confidentiality and most importantly – prayer and biblical principles. They will pray not just for you but with you during their sessions.
The FMCIC Pastors Assistance Program will cover up to 50% of More Than Enough Financial Coaching for qualifying pastors as funding is available. More Than Enough will bill FMCIC directly using a confidential account code which will be used on all invoices/communication/reports (no personal information will be used/revealed).
If you are a Free Methodist Pastor that needs a Financial Coach…
Step One: Contact Joan Stonehouse to qualify for the Pastors Assistance Program and obtain a confidential referral form. You can contact Joan either by phone at 905.436.2300 ext. 2 and leave a confidential voicemail, or by email at [email protected]
Step 2: DOWNLOAD and complete the confidential REFERRAL FORM (click to download). Send the signed completed form to Joan Stonehouse who will assign a confidential account code to your referral and forward to More than Enough. You will then be contacted by a More than Enough Financial Coach.
Step 3: CONNECT WITH YOUR MORE THAN ENOUGH FINANCIAL COACH AND CHOOSE THE BEST COACHING OPTION. Once a pastor has been approved for assistance for shared/reimbursed costs, with your More than Enough Financial Coach, determine which program will work best for your situation:
- One-Time Financial Consult: For those who simply need a starting point from which to springboard, one of our dedicated coaches will meet with them for 1.5 hours to go over current finances and discuss areas of concern as well as financial goals and how to get there. For many, this ‘checkup’ is enough to confidently proceed with managing your finances. 1.5 hour Checkup Consultation $150+HST (one-time fee)
- 1-hour Quarterly Coaching Sessions: This program provides continued support and coaching through the year. This program offers a more flexible approach aimed to meet your financial goals. There is no contract or long term commitment. It includes a one-hour quarterly financial fitness tune up consultations, any time email access to a dedicated financial coach, access to the online debt free living spending plan tool and supplemental materials to allow debt-free living. Quarterly Coaching Sessions $24.95+HST / month
- One-Time Financial Consult + One Year of Quarterly Coaching Sessions: In addition to the initial one-time 1.5-hour financial consult, this option adds a year of coaching support through one hour quarterly financial fitness tune up consultations, any time email access to a dedicated financial coach, access to the online debt free living spending plan tool and supplemental materials to allow debt-free living. Prepaid, $399+HST ($50 Savings).
What you can Expect…
At your first meeting with a coach we will go through a discovery process with you. We will ask you thought provoking questions to:
- Get a clear picture of current financial priorities, and how they relate to overall financial fitness, short and long term goals and calling.
- Remote access via phone/internet so that you can connect with your coach.
- Exploration of budget requirements for individual and family.
- Provide clear spending plan and financial direction for the way forward.
- Prayer for you and with you.