ARE YOU GOOD TO GO? DUTY OF CARE FOR SHORT TERM MISSION TRIPS
2:20 – 3:30
Room: Muskoka III
Many churches and charities sponsor mission trips outside of Canada. But, unfortunately, many of them do not prepare for the risks involved with sending groups overseas.
Join Ken Hall from Robertson Hall Insurance for a workshop on Safety and Security for Short-Term Mission Trips. Ken will discuss the most frequently asked questions about short-term mission trip risks:
- What are the top security concerns with sending groups overseas?
- What health and medical checks should be required of mission trip participants?
- How can we mitigate the risk of injury and liability?
- What legal responsibility do leaders have for the health and safety of mission trip participants?
- What are the best practices for avoiding the risks associated with short-term mission trips?
Ken Hall | Robertson Hall
Kenneth Hall, B.A. (Hons), R.F. is the President of Robertson Hall Insurance Inc. Ken specializes in customized insurance programs and risk management advice for over 6,500 churches and Christian charities across Canada. He is a frequent presenter at national denominational conferences, NGO association events, the Canadian Council of Christian Charities, webinars and educational seminars for churches and para-church organizations. His “Facing The Risk” series highlights current issues facing Christian charities and leaders, including abuse prevention, board governance, counselling services, injury prevention, transportation risk, refugee sponsorship, short-term mission safety, and many more.
Ken has been working with local Free Methodist church congregations on their unique ministry insurance and risk management needs for over 30 years. He has also arranged coverage for the FMCIC national office for the past 25 years.