- Date and location TBA
- Start time: 9:00 am each day
- Instructor: Rev. Matthew McEwen
(*locations will be chosen based on where the majority of the participants live, so please register early!)
Equivalent course also available:
- May 7-June 25, 2021 as hybrid online/livestream course at Tyndale University:
- John Wesley’s Theology: Renewing The Heart, Renewing The Church [Theo 0629H] with instructor Rev. Dr. James Pedlar
- 7-week intensive online course through FMC-USA with several start dates: http://fmcusa.org/leadership/courses/
This Course will investigate the life and times of John and Charles Wesley, and the unique practical and theological contributions they made to Christendom, with particular focus on the doctrines of Salvation and the work of grace.
WHY SUCH A COURSE?
The theology of John and Charles Wesley was developed in response to a Church which was both unwilling and unable to meet the desperate need in the surrounding culture. Far from a merely intellectual exercise, Wesleyan theology shaped their ministry and efforts to bring renewal and revival to the Anglican Church. Although much has changed since the 1700s, Wesleyan theology can still guide the Church today.
This course will also help prepare lay ministers for the interviews with the Ministerial Education Guidance and Placement (MEGaP) committee to become a Ministerial Candidate, the first step toward credentialed ministry in The Free Methodist Church in Canada.
At the conclusion of this course, the student should:
- Be able to articulate a theological perspective from a Wesleyan worldview (eg. how Wesleyan Theology should inform our approach to evangelism; creation care, etc.).
- Be able to understand and articulate Wesleyan Theological emphases in common language (atonement, Christian perfection, holiness, etc).
- Be able to personally discern: Do I resonate with Wesleyan Theology and how will I both teach and practice it?
- Be able to engage with the various means of grace.
You will find other helpful information on this website regarding credentialed ministry in The Free Methodist Church in Canada™ under the “Leadership Development” section.
To register by phone or for more information contact:
Susan DePlanché – Credentialing Coordinator – Leadership Development Office
Telephone: 905-848-2600 ext 405 Fax: 905-848-2603