- Next start Date: TBA 2022
The purpose of the stewardship foundational course is to educate and inspire regarding biblical stewardship. We will examine biblical stewardship from a theological, practical and application perspective.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- have gained a holistic understanding of stewardship based on Biblical principles
- understand the implications of context and culture as they relate to stewardship
- understand the elements of serving as a steward leader developed from “Steward Leader: Transforming People or Organizations and Communities”
- possess the practical tools necessary to manage our personal and church finances
- a good understanding of denominational and government directives as a local congregation of The Free Methodist Church in Canada
- understand the importance of connecting the church budget to the vision of the church and be able to tell the story of your budget in a way that people understand and support
- be equipped to teach and transfer the principles of stewardship to your congregation
- engage in discussions about generous stewardship and kingdom building as it pertains to thoughts presented in “An Other Kingdom: Departing The Consumer Culture”
All Lay Ministers and Ministerial Candidates who are tracking for credentialed ministry must participate in class all three days (or each week for 5 weeks online) and complete all assignments to receive the required 3 credit hours.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Commissioned or Ordained Ministers:
3 CEU = Participation in class and completion of all assignments
1 CEU = Participation in class (required reading encouraged)
To register by phone or for more information, please contact Susan DePlanché-Credentialing Coordinator in the Leadership Development Office:
Telephone: 905-848-2600 ext 405 Fax: 905-848-2603
Stewardship. It's not just about money, or time, or talent. It's about surrender. Surrendering ourselves to Christ. Returning our money, our time, and our talent to its rightful owner - God. When we come to believe and understand that all we have - our possessions, money, time, talents - are on loan from God, are gifts from God, we are then ready to use them for His purposes and His glory.
When we understand the role of God - He created everything, He owns everything, and He is our Provider; and understand that our role is simply to be a faithful steward, then that truth will impact every aspect of our lives. It will impact our work, our leisure time, how and where we use our talents, our family, our friends,our possessions and our generosity.
The Free Methodist Church in Canada
4315 Village Centre Court
Mississauga Ontario L4Z 1S2
Call the Ministry Centre