- Next start Date: TBA 2022
The purpose of the stewardship foundational course is to educate and inspire regarding biblical stewardship. We will examine biblical stewardship from a theological, practical and application perspective.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- have gained a holistic understanding of stewardship based on Biblical principles
- understand the implications of context and culture as they relate to stewardship
- understand the elements of serving as a steward leader developed from “Steward Leader: Transforming People or Organizations and Communities”
- possess the practical tools necessary to manage our personal and church finances
- a good understanding of denominational and government directives as a local congregation of The Free Methodist Church in Canada
- understand the importance of connecting the church budget to the vision of the church and be able to tell the story of your budget in a way that people understand and support
- be equipped to teach and transfer the principles of stewardship to your congregation
- engage in discussions about generous stewardship and kingdom building as it pertains to thoughts presented in “An Other Kingdom: Departing The Consumer Culture”
All Lay Ministers and Ministerial Candidates who are tracking for credentialed ministry must participate in class all three days (or each week for 5 weeks online) and complete all assignments to receive the required 3 credit hours.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Commissioned or Ordained Ministers:
3 CEU = Participation in class and completion of all assignments
1 CEU = Participation in class (required reading encouraged)
To register online for either the online or the in-class course, click here.
To register by phone or for more information, please contact Susan DePlanché-Credentialing Coordinator in the Leadership Development Office:
Telephone: 905-848-2600 ext 405 Fax: 905-848-2603