Foundational courses are required for those who are tracking for credentialed ministry in The Free Methodist Church in Canada or those seeking to transfer their ordination credentials into The FMCiC.
In addition, three of these courses (Heart, Wesleyan Theology and Stewardship) are open to any lay person who commits to attending all three days and paying the tuition cost.
Ordained or Commissioned Ministers may take any of these courses and use them as Continuing Education Units (CEUs), either auditing the course (attend all 3 days) for 1 CEU or attending all 3 days plus completing the assignments for 3 CEUs.
The tuition for each course is only $150 since the Leadership Development giving stream subsidizes the tuition costs. Regardless of whether the course is audited or taken for full credit, the tuition must be paid. In addition, each person is responsible for the costs of his/her textbooks and other materials, plus meals and travel expenses.
(Local FM churches host these foundational courses. The locations will be selected based on where the majority of the participants reside – so please register early!)
- November 6-8, 2020 – location TBA*
- also available online through FMC-USA: http://fmcusa.org/leadership/courses/
- Course starts October 13 (deadline to register – October 5)
Part One: Oct 13-Nov 5 – advance online engagement
Part Two: Nov 6-7 – two-day in-person class – Trulls Road FMC, Courtice, ON
(for Ministerial Candidates, Lay Ministers serving as Lead Pastors, Commissioned Ministers and Ordained Ministers only)
- English Online interactive course – 5 weeks
- Next start date: June 1, 2020 (tuition waived for this course)
- French Online interactive course – 5 weeks
- Next start date: April 27, 2020 (tuition waived for this course)
- June 5-6, 2020 – due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this course will be offered live via Zoom (details will be sent when participants registers) Tuition for this course is also reduced to $100.
- November 6-8, 2020 – Western Canada – location TBA*
(* These course locations are selected based on where the majority of the participants reside – so please register early! Note: Tuition payment is not required when registering for a course. Payment is due 10 days before the course begins.)
For more information, click to email the Credentialing Coordinator Susan DePlanché or call 905-848-2600 ext 405.