Foundational courses are required for those who are tracking for credentialed ministry in The Free Methodist Church in Canada or those seeking to transfer their ordination credentials into The FMCiC.
In addition, three of these courses (Heart, Wesleyan Theology and Stewardship) are open to any lay person who commits to attending all three days and paying the tuition cost.
Ordained or Commissioned Ministers may take any of these courses and use them as Continuing Education Units (CEUs), either auditing the course (attend all 3 days) for 1 CEU or attending all 3 days plus completing the assignments for 3 CEUs.
The tuition for each course is only $150 since the Leadership Development giving stream subsidizes the tuition costs. Regardless of whether the course is audited or taken for full credit, the tuition must be paid. In addition, each person is responsible for the costs of his/her textbooks and other materials, plus meals and travel expenses.
(Local FM churches host these foundational courses. The locations will be selected based on where the majority of the participants reside – so please register early!)
- *NEW* May 31-June 2, 2019 – western Canada-location: Weyburn FMC, 133-14th St. Northeast, Weyburn, SK, S4H 1L5 phone: 306-842-3441
- November 1-3, 2019 – Ontario-location TBA*
- ONLINE – FMC-USA – 7-week intensive online course – 2019 start dates: January 2, February 18, April 9, May 28, July 16, September 3, October 22 (www.fmcusa.org/leadership/courses/)
- October 7-31, Advance on-line engagement; Nov 1-2 – two-day class in-person (western Canada – location TBA)
(for Ministerial Candidates, Lay Ministers serving as Lead Pastors, Commissioned Ministers and Ordained Ministers only)
- English Online interactive course – 6 weeks
- Next start date: TBA
- French Online interactive course – 5 weeks
- Next start date: TBA
- *NEW* May 31-June 2, 2019 – Ontario-location: Peterborough FMC, 450 Lansdowne St. E., Peterborough, ON K9L 2A1 phone: 705-745-7585
- November 1-3, 2019 – western Canada-location TBA*
- French: July 12-14, 2019 – Quebec – location: l’Église Méthodiste Libre de St-Henri,
3453 Notre-dame Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H4C1P3
For more information, click to email the Credentialing Coordinator Susan DePlanché or call 289-228-1225 (cell) or 905-848-2600 ext 405.