Foundational courses are required for those who are tracking for credentialed ministry in The Free Methodist Church in Canada or those seeking to transfer their ordination credentials into The FMCiC.
In addition, three of these courses (Heart, Wesleyan Theology and Stewardship) are open to any lay person who commits to attending all three days and paying the tuition cost.
Ordained or Commissioned Ministers may take any of these courses and use them as Continuing Education Units (CEUs), either auditing the course (attend all 3 days) for 1 CEU or attending all 3 days plus completing the assignments for 3 CEUs.
The tuition for each course is only $100 since the Leadership Development giving stream subsidizes the tuition costs. Regardless of whether the course is audited or taken for full credit, the tuition must be paid. In addition, each person is responsible for the costs of his/her textbooks and other materials, plus meals and travel expenses.
(Local FM churches host these foundational courses. The locations will be selected based on where the majority of the participants reside – so please register early!)
- ONLINE – FMC-USA – 7-week intensive online course – start dates: September 12, November 8, 2017 (www.fmcusa.org/leadership/courses/)
- Ontario – June 2-4, 2017 (Holt Free Methodist Church, Mount Albert, ON)
- Western Canada – Nov 3-5, 2017 (First Free Methodist Church, New Westminster, BC)
- Ontario – (date and location TBA)
- Western Canada – (date and location TBA)
(for Ministerial Candidates, Lay Ministers serving as Lead Pastors, Commissioned Ministers and Ordained Ministers only)
- English Online course – 6 weeks
- Next start date: Monday, February 6, 2017
- French Online course – 8 weeks
- Start date: TBA
- Western Canada – TBA
- Ontario – November 3-5, 2017 (Trulls Road Free Methodist Church, Courtice, ON)
- Quebec – [French] – June 30-July 2 at Eglise Methodiste Libre de St-Henri, 3453 Notre-dame Ouest, Montreal, QC
For more information, contact Susan DePlanché in the Personnel Office.