All those who choose to invest funds entrusted to them by God to the ministries of The Free Methodist Church in Canada (FMCIC) have the following rights:
- To be informed of The FMCIC’s mission, of the way The FMCIC will use the donation, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on The FMCIC’s Board of Administration, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to The FMCIC’s most recent audited financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing The FMCIC will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees, or hired solicitors.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.