We are still planning on meeting for prayer this month at the times and locations below. Please join us as we bring in the New Year with prayer. Here are some things we will be praying about:
- That God’s people will be full of joy as we look with expectation at what the Lord is going to do this coming year through us because His Spirit is in us inspiring both the will and deed.
- Thank God for the growth in prayer that we have experienced this past year as a family of churches (eg. Rule of Life, national prayer meeting about forest fires, 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting).
- That the Lord will protect us from becoming seriously ill from COVID.
- That churches will not be intimidated by COVID conditions from sharing the love and truth of Jesus to everyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated, black or white, gay or straight, young or old, left or right.
- That the warmth of affection in our churches will not be chilled by the restrictions that we have been experiencing these past 2 years, but in fact will grow as we learn how to adapt to our new world.
- That we will know how to respond to the new anti-conversion law, that has recently been passed, that officially makes it illegal, for those wishing counsel on how not to give in to same-sex desires or counsel on sexual confusion, to receive it from pastors and counsellors.
- That pastors and leaders that have become exhausted or discouraged by the negative impact that online-church has had on attendance, finances, community and vision, will be rejuvenated with new vision and faith for the future.
- That the National Prayer Team may discern how God would have us help develop the prayer life of our churches so that we become houses of prayer everywhere that are inviting the Presence and power of God into our communities.
- That Bishop Cliff, the National Leadership Team, the Board of Administration, the various ministry teams of our movement, the Task Forces and our local churches will be filled “with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding…in order that you/we may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you/we may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you/us to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.” (Col.1:9-12)