May you have a Debt-Free Christmas!

|MOSAIC November 2011 Christmas is a time for giving.   It is a time for thinking of others.  A time for expressing the joy and hope we have inside because of God’s perfect gift to us. Gift giving, holiday parties and family gatherings are all good things – but when they become the focus of the […]

A Plan for Life Together

| MOSAIC March 2011 As I prepared to write this article, our home was in turmoil. The past few weeks our house has been through what most homes see over a lifetime: 120 km/h wind storms; multi-day power outages; 4 feet of snow; garage renovations; bathroom renovations; 12 gallons of paint; and some 100 + […]

The Cost of Generosity

| MOSAIC August 2010 Giving is always a good thing.  We are created not to be reservoirs holding onto resources for ourselves, but to be conduits where the love of God flows through us to others.  Giving helps us to think, feel and love outside of ourselves. Being generous is how we can participate with […]

Transforming Trends

| MOSAIC June 2010 On a recent scenic road tour of the coastline of PEI, I was overwhelmed by the number of beautiful old church buildings on the island tucked away in almost every remote corner and turn of the road. Most of these churches were surrounded by graveyards, and I remembered hoping there was […]

You Are What You Possess

By Tejdor Tiewsoh | Article from Sliceofinfinity.org June 2015 A shocking story appeared in the Times of India recently, about a teenager, thirteen years of age, who had taken to prostitution because of her obsessive craze for high-end gadgets and mobile phones. The mother, who runs a grocery shop, did not have any clue of […]

When Pastors Don’t Give

By Joseph Yoo, Article 5728 from MinistryMatters.com  January 26, 2015 “Right now, I don’t think I can really give anything to the church.” “I’d love to give to the church, really, but I still have so much student loans to pay off.” “My kids are attending private school, and we just can’t scrape extra cash […]

Top 5 Mistakes Pastors Make with Church Finances

By Ron Edmondson | Article from Live Way Pastors with Thom Rainer and Mark Dance Liveway.com April 13, 2015 I came into ministry after a long business career, so I’m sometimes considered unique in my involvement or interest in our church finances. I work closely with our Business Administrator and finance committee on the budget and […]

The Real Reason 80% Don’t Give – Part 1: Simplicity

by Jana Gering   |  Article from http://blog.echurchgiving.com  May 11, 2015 **This post is the first in a 4-part series digging deeper into potential reasons why 80% of church-goers don’t give on a regular basis** In generations past, if you had cash, you put it in the offering basket/bucket/bag/plate. Now, despite the simplicity of plastic, things are […]

The Real Reason 80% Don’t Give – Part 2: Storytelling

by Jana Gering  |  Article from http://blog.echurchgiving.com  May 28, 2015 **Statistics show that only 20% of regular church attendees regularly give financial support. Why are the other 80% getting lost? There are lots of possible answers to that question, so we’re giving them time and consideration in this 4-part series. In Part 1, we considered the barrier […]

The Reason 80% of Your Church Don’t Give – Part 3: Lack of Trust

by Jana Gering  |  Article from http://blog.echurchgiving.com  JULY 2015 **Statistics show that only 20% of regular church attendees regularly give financial support. Why are the other 80% getting lost? There are lots of possible answers to that question, so we’re giving them time and consideration in this 4-part series. In Part 1, we considered the barrier of […]