Calculating your church CORE contribution:
- Start with the amount for the church’s total receipts/donations.
- Subtract any Designated Funds – including Giving Streams, other designated giving (missions, buildings, debt reduction, short-term projects, etc.)
- Subtract any Special Offerings given to a registered Canadian charity outside of the Local Church (World Relief, EFC, other charitable organizations)
- Subtract any Bequests to the Local Church (as this is a designated gift)
- The Sub Total – Donations less Designated Giving – is what you base the CORE upon
- Multiply this by 10% – modeling the Tithe of non-designated giving
- The Balance is your church’s CORE Remittance