Prayer Points for our August 2021 National Prayer Meeting
1. Possible COVID vaccination requirements for those attending church, whether people should be free to decide whether the vaccine is best for their health, and peace between those who differ over these matters.
2. That pastors and congregations will know how to best reach out to and grow people in the faith. That we will know how to minister to both those who want to stay online and those who want to meet in person.
3. For the Afghanistan people, especially for the small fledgling church, as the Taliban take over the country.
4. That the people caught in the middle of the forest fire regions will look to God for help and protection and that He would hear their prayers and grant them mercy. That the church will be care for and used by God to minister His mercy and truth to those communities.
5. That God would bring peace to Haiti and use His people to be peacemakers in that troubled nation.
6. That we will have God’s eyes to see how we can be His ministers of reconciliation in regards to the indigenous needs, injustices and salvation.
7. That we will know how, as a family of churches, to show welcome and hospitality to the LGBTQ2S+ people without denying or compromising the sanctifying gospel of Jesus.
8. That God will stir us as a movement to press into Him during our 21-day season of prayer and fasting as we live for Jesus in these changing and challenging times.
“Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.’ After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.” (Acts 4:29-31)